Thursday, April 10, 2008

Surgery tomorrow

Well, actually its today because its after midnight as I type this. Both kids went to spend the night with their best friends tonight. Even though they are both old enough to be home together without an adult its nice for them to be distracted with friends while I go for surgery. Plus they will have a ride to dance. My Mom took tomorrow off so she could be there for my surgery and to help with the kids if we need it.

I had my prescriptions filled today, an antibiotic (doxicycline) and percocet for pain. I really hope the pain wont be that bad. It's been weird, for about a week my pain has been kind of far off and now right before surgery it's been back for about 3 days. I am sooooo ready for some kind of answer.

My desire to get pregnant has had to take a backseat due to all the pain issues I have been dealing with for the past 2 months. I cannot believe that it has been almost 3 months since our IVF. The pain of the failure has lessened but the desire to get pregnant and have a healthy baby is still strong. I haven't allowed myself the opportunity to dwell on it at this point in the process. Who knows, maybe this break from all treatments will be beneficial for our next efforts at conception. We would love to conceive all by ourselves, but I am ready and willing to try super ovulation a few more times or IVF one more time, we can't afford more than one more try, unless we have frozen embies that we could try with. I am hoping and praying that my stopping smoking awhile back and the surgery and the general health improvements I have made will increase our chances. Seeing a pregnant lady at Target today made me wistful, her belly was so round and she just glowed. I want that.

Say a prayer for me, a successful and safe surgery.

Off the subject ~ I have enjoyed adding pictures to my post so I have decided to randomly add them when the whim hits, and I feel a whim.



This is the fort in our backyard...very cool huh.
It played a large part in our decision to purchase our home. It is massive and all the kids love it, so do most of the parents that see it.

No comments:

My journey with family & age related secondary infertility