Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April 1st....41 in 3 days

Yep, I will be 41 yrs old in 3 days...I wish it was an April Fools joke but no such luck. Actually I should be grateful to be blessed to still be here on this earth. No one is promised tomorrow.
I am counting down the days till my Lap. surg on April 10th.
The kids have a dance competition this weekend. I usually love competition time, but not this year. There is so much going on for us, Competition in another state, then their Father wants to then take them from competition to his house in Fla. for Spring Break. It's just a logistical and packing nightmare. We have to travel with quite a bit of luggage for costumes and to have to pack extra clothes for time with their Dad just means extra bags and more laundry prior to the trip. Normally I don't bitch about their visits with their Dad, normally Spring Break and competitions don't coincide. To top all that off son wants to come home early from his Dad's so he can celebrate his Birthday with his cousins from out of town. They will be traveling through the weekend after competition and son desperately wants to see his cousins and have a belated Birthday celebration with them. To do this cuts down the time the kids spend with their Dad over Spring Break. It all comes down to bad timing and I'm leaving it up to son as I try my best not to interfere with visitation. Their Father usually wants me to meet him half-way to pick up kids from visitation, and usually that is not a problem. But, now that son wants to come home early for family visit it is a huge issue, the day they would need to come home is the day of my surgery. Pretty obvious that I will not be able to drive (half-way point round trip is 6 hrs), hubby will be taking care of me post-op and my Mother has to work that night (she's a nurse) and she has to sleep during the day. All of these factors mean my Ex would have to bring the kids all the way home and then drive back either the same day or the next and that wont work for him. See its one big confusing, stressful mess and what would normally not faze me has me twisted and unable to relax. It doesn't help that I am still in pain, but hey, my fever blister is almost gone so I am less ogreish in appearance.
All the fertility stuff seems to have taken a back seat right now, at least physically and for everyone else but me. It is always in my heart and mind. I am trying to remain focused, positive and strong in my faith.

No comments:

My journey with family & age related secondary infertility