Thursday, April 17, 2008

I got answers

Yep, I got answers and I don't like them. Funnily enough my RE was pretty excited. Why you ask, I asked him the same question. His response..."Because now I know what I'm dealing with". Very inspiring. Basically I have two choices.

Choice #1: Don't do anything, keep suffering in pain, and risk an ectopic pregnancy if I were so lucky to even get pregnant.

Choice #2: Have my right fallopian tube removed. Resection, reconstruction, not really options without increasing my chance of an ectopic pregnancy even more. He did say he could also remove the ovary from that side so that my left ovary would kick in double time for sure. A no brainer...nope, I am keeping both my ovaries cause you never know what the future holds. Fortunately the RE agreed with me.

He agreed with me that our chances of conceiving naturally with one tube go down, but I also caught that look in his eyes that said "Right, like that would happen at your age". But he also agreed that the body can and will compensate for the loss of one tube and he did say IVF was still an option for us.

I don't feel like I have much choice if I want to be free of the pain and I want to keep trying to conceive. Healing would be at least a month before we could begin trying again. After much thought I made the decision to schedule surgery for June 19th. It's a ways off, but the kids will be out of school by then, major dance stuff for them will be over and its the middle of the month so it wont interfere with my end of the month work. It's just the best time for me and it gives me a little more time to come to terms with this decision and who knows maybe we will get preggo on our own before then.

In the meantime hubby is supposed to have back surgery for the 3rd time so we are going to try and get his done before mine so he has time to recuperate before its my turn. He has a bulging disk and its compressing a nerve so he is in constant pain. We are a fine pair to try for a baby in our current painful grouchy state.

I know I am all over the map with this post, but my brain is all over the place. Honestly so is my heart. I am so disappointed, my heart aches and my arms are still empty. I so very much want to have a child with my husband, I want to share that joy with him. At this point for me, I just have to cling to my Faith to get me through.


Random picture of the day:
She's really limber

No comments:

My journey with family & age related secondary infertility