Sunday, April 27, 2008

Good weekend

So far it's been a good weekend. Friday night started out with potential drama. Earlier in the day one of the girls from the dance studio started some drama over movie plans that several of the kids had made. We love this girl (Nina) to death, but she has a habit of being manipulative with our son. She was his first crush and he loves her dearly still, in fact they are best friends. He is over the crush part and has moved on, she has a boyfriend. The problem comes when the boyfriend is not around, she wants to the center of son's attention. He complies often (he's only 15 and still learning relationship dynamics). He finally figured out he was being manipulated and stood up for himself. The daughter (Carolyn) of our friends got caught monkey in the middle because son is very close with her too. Clear heads prevailed, instead of being drawn into more drama son and we went to dinner with our friends and Carolyn. Daughter had her best friend over for the night so we had quite a lively crowd at dinner. On to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream for all. Back to the house for a movie. Son learned something and decided his night was better for removing himself from the other situation.



Today the kids had dance... regular Sat. class for son and then review of audio competition critiques. Then on to the mall for a little snack and shopping. Daughter had several Old Navy gift cards and she picked out a couple of cute outfits. I got 2 new pair of Dr. Scholls sandals...love them!! Son got a new beanie with brim and a Jimi Hendrix cd. Hubby bought himself some new Izod plaid shorts and polos. Almost forgot, I picked up the greatest lip stain from "Aeirie" It's a clothing store for younger girls, but I had to buy this stuff....I love it. OOOO..... I had my 1st eye exam in probably 20 yrs. I have difficulty reading up close, no problem with distance. I really only need reading glasses, so we got the ones that are the prescribed strength and they seem to help. I'm sure the vision issues are related to being on the computer 8 hours a day.



Finally shopping was done, daughter went to spend the night with her Mema and cousin. Hubby, son & Carolyn went to the bowling alley for a few games and food. Our bowling alley has awesome food...crazy huh. I won the 1st game...yep that's how I roll. Long day ended at 10:30pm with us on our way home. Worth every penny spent, all the hours on my feet. Laughs, smiles and just good times had by all.



A plus, hubby and I had a good talk about our infertility and we discussed whether I should have the surgery to remove my tube. We have more to talk about, but we both agree that once its done we can't go back and undo it.



Sound boring to go back and read this post, but it's not all about the stress, sometimes its about the mundane daily life.





My son and his best friend after "Blues Brothers" they are loved by all their fans.

No comments:

My journey with family & age related secondary infertility