Sunday, January 13, 2008

A shot in the dark

January 11, 2008 approximately 6:30pm....we began our injections. Follistim - 360 units, I've had up to 225 units before, let me tell you the amount of medicine makes a difference in the duration and discomfort of the injection. It seems to burn a little more and already after only 2 nights of this my tummy is tender. The Menopur - 1cc, it burned more than I thought it would and it seems to be extremely slow to inject. My husband does a great job with his sticks, he is quick and smooth so I can't complain that its his technique. He seems to think the Menopur is thicker, although it looks thin and watery to me. Needless to say we have survived two nights of these injections and my body seems to be responding already. My lower abdomen feels heavy and kind of busy and tender to the touch, so I figure that on day 2, hormonally its more like day 4 of my past cycles. So far the only annoying side effect I am having is a horrible headache. It surrounds the complete top of my skull, and feels like my head is going to pop off. I've tried Tylenol as that's about all I can take, but it hasn't helped yet. If the headache continues through tomorrow I will call my RE and see if he has any recommendations or if he wants to see me sooner than Wed to check and make sure I am responding to the meds within the normal limits. I'm sure to anyone reading this, it is about as exciting as watch paint dry. The whole point of this blog was for me to document this process for myself, and hopefully my future child. If it answers questions about infertility or IVF for anyone then that's great. Please know that this is my personal experience and not to be construed as medical advice in any way. Only an individuals Doctor is qualified to advise them on any medical conditions that they may be facing.

No comments:

My journey with family & age related secondary infertility