Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Almost there

I had an appt. with the RE on Saturday and all was well, he estimated about 10 eggs. I was a little disappointed but he was ok with that. I was told to continue the meds, Follistim, Menopur and Ganirelix and come back on Monday. Fast forward to Monday morning and more bruises on my tummy. This ultra-sound was extra uncomfortable. Why you ask? Well, it looks more like 12 to 15 eggs, maybe more as my left ovary likes to play hide - and - seek. So my instructions were to take all three meds on Mon. night, Tues. night I was to get 200 units of Follistim at 6pm and 2cc's of HCG at exactly 8pm. So after hubby gave me the tummy shot at 6pm, I rested, cause I'm all crampy and sore. It's the watermelon size ovaries people. I trekked my soon to be sore butt over to my Mom's so she could administer the lovely rump shot of HCG. I always dread it, but she is so good that it almost never hurts, just a little soreness the next day at injection site. I start my antibiotic in the morning....Doxycycline, one in the morning and one in the evening...yippee!!! No shots on Wed. I can have nothing to eat or drink after mid-night cause the big day is Thurs. at 7:30am. Whoa..that is early, but hey why wake up, they are just going to put me back to sleep when I get there. Egg retrieval is upon us and I am excited, scared, relieved in no particular order, it just depends on the time of day. The details of the retrieval are gory so I will save them for after the fact. It should only take about 40 min. and then after being monitored for about an hour I get to come home and snuggle up in my bed for the remainder of the day. Thurs. is also a big day for hubby as he gets to be a participant finally, yep, he gets to love himself into a cup. Crossing my fingers and praying for a positive outcome with no complications...not for him...for me..LOL

No comments:

My journey with family & age related secondary infertility