Friday, January 18, 2008

I want watermelons not mangos

We had our IVF appt. on Wed, Jan 16th. The RE came in and asked how I was doing on the meds. I explained that aside from tenderness at the injection sites and my abdomen feeling heavy I was doing fine. I said to him that my ovaries felt like mango's, and his response was " mango's aren't good enough, I want watermelons"...LOL Is he crazy? The ultrasound went well, I have 3 - 4 good eggs growing on each ovary, the RE really would like to see a minimum of 12 total, but preferably closer to 18. I have continued on the same meds, Follistim and Menopur at the same dosages, but we started a new one tonight. Ganirelix, it is also injected sub-cu and we chose to inject in my stomach like the other two. Wont be doing that again, the needle is the same length as my other needles, but it is larger and it hurt like a mother. Soooo I think we will be finding a nice squishy fat spot on my butt for tomorrow's injection. The other two meds have to go in my tummy but we have options with this new one, any old fat will do. My tummy looks like a dart board from a drunken tournament and I just can't abuse it anymore than I have to. Our next appt. is Sat. morning and that should give us a better idea of retrieval date. The RE said it's looking like a 25% chance for either Tues. or Thurs. and a 50% chance of Wed. Doesn't really matter to me, I am just ready to get the show on the road. The only problem is each day brings me closer to those dreaded PIO shots and I am shaking in my boots just thinking about them. I watched a few videos online of people demonstrating their techniques. I guess it doesn't look as bad as I imagined but still that's a big needle and a soft squishy place...UGH!!!

No comments:

My journey with family & age related secondary infertility