Friday, February 1, 2008

6 1/2 dpt

It's after midnight here, I had my egg transfer last Sun, Jan 27th. I am 6 days post transfer with 3 day embryos grade B. I wonder if I could count tonight after midnight as tomorrow morning which would make me 7 days post transfer? Everyday that brings me closer to that Beta test just seems to make me more anxious. I really really want to know, but not if it's going to be a BFN. If the test is going to be negative I would just assume staying in denial and pretending that I could possibly pregnant. I keep going back and forth about POAS, I have a stick under my bathroom sink that I could pee on. I open the cabinet and look at it several times a day, but I always walk away. If I get a negative now it might have a negative impact on my attitude, and what if it's too early for levels to show up in my urine and on Thurs, Feb 7th I take my blood test and it comes back positive, then I will have been depresses and crushed for no reason. I want that call from the RE's office, but I know I will be terrified to answer the phone when I see the number, knowing that the answer to my dreams will be on the other end. Will the answer fulfill my dreams or dash them on the rocks. How can you prepare yourself for the emotional havoc that a negative result will inflict? So POAS might ease the anxiety, if I get negatives then I get a little taste of disappointment before confirmation by blood, and I can still hold on to the fact that it might be too early to show up in urine. But if it comes back positive I get a boost to help me through the rest of the wait.
In the meantime my PIO injections are going well, I have only slight tenderness at injection sites, no bruising or lumps, my husband is doing a great job of administering the shots.
My side - effects of the PIO are confusing me, my breasts are much larger and extremely tender all the time. I am crampy, mainly with activity - no matter how mild - and its mainly concentrated on the right side. My lower back aches, just like it did when I was pregnant with both of my children in the past. A new symptom/side - effect that showed up today is thigh bone aching, which I only get right before I start my period or when I was pregnant before. All of these could be signs of pregnancy or its the PIO....the hard part is having these symptoms and not being sure if its the medicine messing with me. I wish there was a way to determine which it at a date sooner than the blood-test. I hate waiting!

No comments:

My journey with family & age related secondary infertility