Sunday, February 17, 2008

What is this?

OK, the pain is still there, it's mostly on and off, but sometimes it lingers for a while. It is concentrated on my right side where my fallopian tube is. It is not so painful as it is annoying and it makes me a little nervous. In addition I had an incident of spotting today. My body makes no sense. Does this have to do with all the meds and coming off of them, or is it something else? My boobs are also tender and larger than normal, kind of like when I am jacked up on all the hormones. Also I have to pee all the time, and in the middle of the night and only a drip drop, very annoying. My lower back aches too, I know it's not a UTI as I have had plenty of those in the past and recognize the signs. I cannot wait to go see the RE on Wed., Feb 20th. I have been keeping hubby aware of all the little and big symptoms that I have been having. Last night I told him I want to buy a pregnancy test just to see, I really don't think I am pregnant, but something is going on outside the norm. He forgot to get one this morning when he went out but he agrees that it is worth the money just to see what result we get. It is so confusing and I hate the way it makes my body feel, which messes with my mind. which in turn messes with my emotions.

On a different note, 4 yrs ago today my Maternal Grandmother passed away. She was really the only grandparent I ever knew. She was an amazing woman and I loved her dearly. We had 10 days with her after her stroke. We were able to tell her we loved her and share special memories and moments with her. One of my last moments with her was also one of the most amazing. She had become less responsive during the last two days of her life, my Mother called me early in the morning of Feb 16th, she said my Grandma's breathing was different and I might want to come to the hospital before I went to work. My son was off from school that day, it was President's Day, he was with a friend. My sister was going to keep my daughter for me. My dear sweet little girl and I stopped at the hospital and I sat in a chair by my Grandma's bed, I reached out and held her hand in mine, her breathing was labored and she seemed unconcious. I started talking to her, telling her it was ok to let go, that my Mom and my Uncle would be ok, that we (grandchildren) would be there for my Mom so my Grandma did not have to worry. I told her that all her brother & sisters were waiting for her in heaven, that her parents were waiting for her, that my Grandfather ( who had been dead 40 yrs) was waiting for her in heaven, and then I told her that Jesus was waiting for her with his arms wide open. At that moment she started squeezing my hand very firmly and purposefully, my Mom said "Look, she has her eye's open". I looked up into my Grandma's eyes and they were clear and focused unlike the past few days. I said to her "Grandma, you hear me, you understand?", she kept looking at me and squeezing my hand, I told her it was ok, she could let go and go to heaven. She continued to look at me for a few more minutes and then closed her eyes but continued to keep a grip on my hand. Several minutes later she relaxed her grip and slept. We all felt she was resting easier at this point. Not wanting to go to work, but my Mom convinced me to go, she said she would call me if anything changed. I kissed my Grandma and left with daughter, took her to my sister's and went to work. Several hours later I received a call from my Mom saying the time was very near and I should come. I hurried to the hospital, crying the whole way. When I got to the room she had passed away. My Mom said it had only been a minute, I hugged her and kissed her and we spent several hours with her before we notified the nurse. Shortly after the Dr. came to declare her death we left the room so they could take the moniters out, it only took about 10 minutes. When we went back in my Grandma's body was there, but she wasn't, it was like her spirit left her when we left the room. She stayed long enough for us to say good - bye. So today I honor my Grandmother Freda. I love you Grandma!

Today is also a special day for hubby and I. Today is our 3rd anniversary of being a couple, falling in love. I love you hubby!

No comments:

My journey with family & age related secondary infertility