Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another cycle down the drain

It totally sucks....this cycle was a failure, another in a long line of failures. I had such high hopes, felt so positive about this try. We did everything right. I responded well to the meds, hubby and I were extra vigilant with meds and timing. We had Dr. prescribed sex on schedule, and nothing, big fat zero. Time is running out for me, I am starting to feel antsy and harried. The emotional toll this takes on me does not get any better, in fact it seems to be worse, mostly because time is short. I will be 42yrs old in 5 months, something has to give. I am not ready to give up...not sure I ever will be able to give up on my own. I just feel in the deepest part of my heart that we are supposed to get pregnant and have a baby.
Once again, I had a good cry, I'll feel sorry for myself for a few days and bounce back with a positive attitude and keep plugging away towards my dream of being a Mom one more time, making my husband a biological Father for the 1st time.

1 comment:

style-magnet said...

I saw your comment on Tavi's blog & decided to check yours out. I just wanted to say that my 37 year-old aunt has been trying to get pregnant for ten years. They tried everything from scheduled sex to invitro (idk if that spelling is right) to hormone injections and eating specific things, detoxes blah blah the whole shebang. After getting a donor egg in April she's finally expecting her first child in a few weeks!

I don't pretend to know firsthand what it's like because I'm only 20 years old, but I'm really close with my aunt and know that infertility takes its toll.

Keep trying. Good luck!
♥ Sara

My journey with family & age related secondary infertility